Sonitor’s ultrasound-based RTLS technologies deliver the unparalleled accuracy and reliable precision required to help healthcare improve operational efficiency and the quality of patient care across the healthcare continuum. Sonitor’s open integration technology platforms, Sense™ and Forkbeard™, work in concert to deliver the most advanced use cases from wayfinding to workflow optimization.
Sonitor’s Sense technology combines High Definition Ultrasound, Wi-Fi and Low Frequency RF to deliver a completely scalable solution for accurate and reliable room, bay and sub-bay level accuracy supporting a broad range of applications - now and into the future. The SmartTag™, SmartTag Mini™ and SmartBadge™ are designed with the logic to know their location and communicate a change in position instantly over a facility's Wi-Fi network providing true, real-time location status.
Forkbeard is Sonitor’s latest innovation in ultrasound-based indoor positioning. Delivering near 100 times more accuracy than BLE and 100% room level accuracy, Forkbeard delivers never before achieved accurate, reliable indoor positioning capabilities to smart phones for wayfinding and 100% accurate room level positioning and is a perfect complement to Sonitor’s market-leading Sense platform.
The powerful, unique combination of Forkbeard and Sense delivers unparalleled accuracy and reliability for wayfinding, room, bay, and sub-bay level indoor positioning.
Never Be Lost Again
Lyra™ enables wayfinding with less than 2 foot corridor accuracy and near 100% room level accuracy at sub-second update rates ensuring patients get to the right place on time and at the right time – all on a smartphone.
The benefits are endless:
- Improve patients’ on-time arrival to appointment location
- Indoor-navigation with confidence
- Location to location navigation inside hospital for multiple procedures
- Patients easily navigate to their examination room on their own
- Caregivers automatically alerted of patient’s arrival at facility, in waiting-room and examination room
- Improve patient experience
- Instant familiarity with the indoor environment
- Reduces uncertainty of finding appointment or other room locations, such as nearest restroom, cafeteria or pharmacy
- Improves patient’s sense of comfort, efficiency and expediency with overall visit and appointment process
Track & Analyze
Knowing where all equipment is – in real-time and at all times – has a broad range of critical financial, staffing, safety, regulatory, workflow and care delivery implications in a complex, fast moving healthcare environment.
- Optimized equipment utilization and accountability including rightsizing the pool of mobile medical equipment, reducing equipment loss, and minimizing rental costs
- Optimized staff utilization, ensuring the best use of staff time to improve care delivery
- More efficient workflow by reducing interruptions and time wasted locating equipment
- Supporting patient safety efforts by ensuring that equipment is available and in proper working condition for appropriate and timely care delivery
- Increased compliance with regulatory requirements by better management of preventative maintenance schedules
The Sonitor Sense™ open integration platform, powered by SmartZoning™ technology, enables asset management applications by delivering the most advanced, ultrasound-based, accurate, and flexible RTLS technology available for room, sub-room and bay level location capabilities.
Follow & Fine-Tune
Knowing where all patients are – in real-time at all times – saves significant staff time and enables facilities to improve workflow, patient throughput, resource management and patient safety.
- Reduced time searching for patient, expanding time for patient care and other patient-focused activities
- Significant improvement in work flow, patient flow, staff utilization, job and patient satisfaction
- Enhanced JCAHO compliance
- Automated recording of associated location-based and time-stamped events, facilitating input for treatment and/or patient safety records (patient with equipment and/or patient with clinician)
By combining Forkbeard and Sense technologies, you can create unique, meaningful patient and staff interactions, ultimately improving the patient experience and the overall quality of care delivered.
Control & Command
Sonitor RTLS is used to boost efficiency across the enterprise, with improved workflow being one of the biggest impacts. Workflow efficiencies can be influenced and enhanced through a myriad of factors and can lead to ripple effects across the enterprise.
Now with the value-added capabilities of Forkbeard and Lyra ™, Sonitor enables workflow management applications with the most advanced, accurate and flexible RTLS technology available.
While there are many factors that influence workflow, some of the key areas of improvement that Sonitor enables include:
- Reduced time searching for equipment
- Improved patient tracking
- Improved staff utilization
- Managing bed turnover, thus reducing the time that patient beds are unavailable
- Better ED management through reduced EMS diversions and ED developments, increasing throughput
- Increased throughput in the OR, which also enables OR revenue enhancements by adding resource capacity
Control & Contain
While in healthcare facilities most RTLS solutions in healthcare facilities that are limited to tracking individual staff members and their movements (such as at hand-washing stations), Sonitor tags and receivers are now being used to track behaviors that can lead to infections. Their unique ability to provide accuracy at distances of less than 12 inches has brought infection control capabilities to a new level. This cutting-edge technology can track the movement of people and equipment from pumps to wheel chairs to mattresses to determine the time, location, and parties involved in possible exposures.
Combining Sonitor with a live software platform, provide reports can be generated indicating when individuals and assets have been in contact with each other. Today, Sonitor's advanced systems enable facilities to:
- In real time, see which assets have been in contact with one another, and track the chain of contacts thereafter
- Determine if and when a hygiene hygienic procedure like an equipment cleaning or hand washing has been missed
- Improve the work process and behaviors to reduce the spread of infection
Staff & Patient Safety
Safe with Sound
Staff and Patient safety continue to be a growing priority and concern in healthcare and other industries and as a result, there is an increasing reliance on RTLS technology to accurately and reliably locate staff and patients in real-time to be able to respond quickly in time of need. Sonitor delivers two platforms, powered by SmartZoning technology, specifically designed to address the needs of these applications.
Workplace violence can have a significant toll on businesses and their staff. Aside from the injury posed to employees, customers, and others, workplace violence can impact employee morale, performance, the work environment, the establishment's brand, and pose liability risks that could result in significant expense. Sonitor's SenseSafe technology is specifically designed for duress and safety use-cases and provides the most advanced, accurate, reliable, and flexible real-time location data so that timely assistance can be given to assist staff in threatening or dangerous situations. Click here to learn more >
Patient and Resident Safety:
Wandering patients or residents, injuries suffered by a patient or resident while wandering, and unauthorized access to sensitive areas of a facility can burden caregivers, staff, and family unnecessarily. Sonitor's SenseAlert™ technology provides a discreet, flexible solution for helping solve potentially dangerous situations like patient and resident wandering and unauthorized access to sensitive areas of a facility without compromising freedom of movement. Click here to learn more >
Benefits of these technologies include:
- Preventing and detecting patient falls
- Reducing risks for "wandering patient" elopement and injury
- Staff duress alarms in help keep employees safe
- Timely emergency response time
- Peace of mind
Care & Comply
Nurse Call Management software has become increasingly sophisticated, providing a wide number of automated applications that were previously manual. These include automatic nurse call cancellation, as well as automatic logging of the nurse's response, which in most states is required by law. By allowing the responding nurse to immediately address the patient's clinical need, this supports better patient and nurse interaction and care.
Nurse call RTLS/ USID is becoming the standard today. Almost all new nurse call systems are being installed with high-accuracy RTLS Integrated systems. It also enables compliance with the statutory requirements and improves ease of logging and reporting. Sonitor's RTLS is enabling nurse call functionality to achieve new levels of efficiency, and compliance, leading to ultimately superior patient care.
And now, with Lyra, this can be delivered directly to a smartphone, eliminating the need for a separate staff tag.
Detect & Direct
Being able to accurately monitor the temperature, humidity, and pressure of healthcare in real-time has a broad range of financial, safety, regulatory, and care delivery implications in complex, fast moving healthcare environments.
In addition to providing the most advanced and flexible RTLS capabilities, the Sonitor Sense™ platform, powered by SmartZoning™ technology, has the ability to monitor and report on environmental conditions. Sonitor Sense Location Transmitters can be optionally configured with a range of additional sensors which enable the monitoring of temperature, humidity, motion (passive infrared - PIR) and pressure. This can be important in areas such as:
- Patient rooms where temperature and humidity levels are not only important for patients' comfort, but could have an impact on their health
- Storage areas where, for instance, equipment, supplies and medicines are kept and where climate control can have an impact on their functionality and longevity and/or shelf life
- Sensitive areas such as the pharmacy where only credentialed and approved personnel are allowed
Following are customer story videos to learn more about our healthcare services. Click below to view videos.
Sonitor and Intelligent InSites help Sanford Health accelerate and optimize patient flow at their Moorhead Clinic
Sonitor Technologies and Cerner Partner to Help NCH Healthcare System Accelerate the Delivery of Safe, Quality Healthcare with Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS).
Sonitor Technologies, Inc.
1010 Washington Boulevard
Stamford, CT 06901
Toll Free: 877-477-9767
Sonitor Technologies AS
Telephone: +47 22595040
67 Brookside Avenue
Magill, South Australia 5073
Telephone: +61 408 491 400